Capture an amazing photo in Voyageurs National Park?
Share it with us by October 14, 2016 and you could win!
2015 submission by Diane Michaud
Voyageurs National Park Association’s third annual photo contest!
VNPA is seeking photo entries that showcase all the fun activities that families can enjoy in Voyageurs National Park – from fishing, houseboating, and kayaking to snowshoeing, hiking, and snowmobiling; as well as the amazing scenic beauty and wildlife this park protects.
Your images from Voyageurs National Park help us protect, promote and celebrate this special place.
Prizes will be awarded in two categories:
– Friends & Family: people enjoying the park – in any season!
– Wildlife & Scenery: scenery or wildlife, taken within Voyageurs National Park
2015 submission by Joshua Boll
Throwback: In the spirit of the National Park Service Centennial this year, we are encouraging you to dig through your old albums and share with us your favorite shots from the good ol’ days!
Submit your photos by email to email@example.com by October 14, 2016 to be entered to win great prizes (see Rules below). Any photos you submit will be posted on our Facebook page for viewing by the entire VNPA community. A panel of judges will make the final decision on winning photos.
Participants are encouraged to join VNPA as a member.
When sharing your photos on your own social media, we encourage you to use these well-loved hashtags: #VoyageursNationalPark #FindYourPark #NPS100 in addition to our organization’s specific hashtag: #VoyageHere
**Official Contest Rules**
- The contest is open to ALL photographers, except employees of Voyageurs National Park Association and the immediate families of such employees.
- Images can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can submit up to seven photographs, but will only be eligible to win one prize. Please provide the following in your message:
- Phone number
- The story/caption behind the photo
- Photo (no larger than 25 MB)
- Submissions may be watermarked if desired, but the watermark should be inconspicuous enough to not interfere with the judging of the photo. A watermarked photo might not be honored by competition (at the judge’s sole discretion) if the photographer is unable or unavailable to provide a pristine, water-mark-free version of the image upon request.
- The deadline for submission is October 14, 2016.
- Photos submitted in VNPA’s 2014 and 2015 photo contests are not eligible.
- Entries may originate in any format, as long as they are submitted electronically. Previously published material for which non-exclusive rights were granted may be entered as long as you still maintain the right to grant us a license (see Your Rights below). You must be able to disclose when and where the photo appeared previously to VNPA upon request.
- Photos must only be submitted by the original photographer, and have been taken within Voyageurs National Park.
- If you choose to include people with your submission, you are responsible for obtaining the necessary releases from the individuals depicted.
- Entrants must not submit images that involve human nudity, the willful harassment of wildlife, or damage to the environment by the photographer or any other person. They should be appropriate for all audiences.
- Winning Photos: the top photos will be selected by a panel of judges. Top prizes include gift cards to Joe’s Sporting Goods in Little Canada, MN and Ronnings Border Bargains in International Falls and printing services for canvases up to 44″ wide from West Photo in Minneapolis, in addition to great gear from top brands.
- Your Rights:
- You will retain all rights to any photograph you submit – including ownership if applicable. You do grant Voyageurs National Park Association, the National Park Service, and our partners a royalty-free, nonexclusive right, in perpetuity, to:
- Use the photograph on the internet and in any of our printed publications in support of our mission.
- Keep the files provided, and to archive the images on CD or in other electronic forms, so that your photos can be used to support our mission and be properly credited.
- As conditions of this permission, Voyageurs National Park Association shall credit all photographs with the caption “Photographer’s Name” when able.
- Questions: Questions and inquiries about the contest rules can be emailed to email@example.com.
- Email Communications: By entering the contest, you are giving Voyageurs National Park Association permission to email you with information about the contest and about out organization. You can unsubscribe at any time.
2015 submission by Thomas Gable
2015 submission by Doug Berliner
Your photographs help the Voyageurs National Park Association protect and promote all that we love about Voyageurs National Park. Thank you for helping to further our mission through your photography.