Serve on our Board of Directors
Voyageurs National Park Association is seeking volunteers to serve on our board of directors. If you love the pristine land and waters of the northern Minnesota wilderness and our nation’s most treasured public lands: national parks, serving on our board of directors is an excellent way to help us fulfill our mission of protecting, promoting, and enhancing Voyageurs.
As a board member, you will provide leadership related to strategy and development and engage in project-based work for at least one of our standing committees (development, land preservation, policy, finance, and outreach). We are seeking persons who support VNPA’s mission, have project leadership skills, and can access new communities and partners to introduce to our organization.
No previous board of directors experience required. Seeking experience in outdoor recreation, finance, economic development, fundraising, government relations, law, communications and marketing, public relations, land protection, or water or air quality. Contact Christina Hausman at firstname.lastname@example.org, 612-333-5424.
Other Volunteer Opportunities
- Videography and photography: help us gather video footage, photos, and interviews with park founders and park staff to edit and create a short video telling the story of VNPA.
- Teen Ambassador recruitment: help us connect with Twin Cities schools and youth organizations to recruit high school students to participate in our Teen Ambassador program.
- Speakers bureau: we need individuals who can speak on topics related to Voyageurs National Park to Twin Cities and Duluth audiences; everything from sharing information about the historical and ecological significance of the park to a classroom of 6th graders to presenting trip planning advice to prospective park visitors.
- Online user guides: help us create resources for visitors. We are looking to create an online paddling guide and print map/guide, as well as other user guides for families, anglers, cross-country skiers, hikers, etc.
- Event volunteers: represent VNPA and Voyageurs National Park at outdoor expos and events in the Twin Cities area.
- Office support: filing, cleaning, organizing, mailings, etc.
- Development: research new sources of funding and help make connections to individuals, foundations and businesses who can fund projects and programs in the park.
- Serve on our Outreach Committee: Help VNPA carry out its communications objectives via social media, newsletters, events, etc. Attend monthly committee meetings and support specific outreach projects and events with a commitment of 3-5 hours/month.
- Serve on our Finance Committee: Help create our annual budget, monitor adherence to the budget, improve accounting systems, create and approve financial reports for the Board, and set financial goals along with funding strategies to achieve them. Monthly committee meetings. 3-5 hour/month time commitment.
- Click here for volunteer needs at Voyageurs National Park.
- Click here to learn more about our annual volunteer event in the park, the Volunteer Rendezvous.
There are no employment opportunities available at this time.