Voyageurs National Park Association is hiring a program coordinator. This position will support our youth engagement program development, capacity building and community outreach efforts. Please apply today!
The selected candidate will attend VISTA Pre-Service Orientation (PSO) in July and then begin their one-year service term with Voyageurs National Park Association in August 2014. This is a full-time, one-year position. Some travel to Voyageurs National Park required. This position includes professional development and leadership training.
Although it is helpful, previous experience in program development, grant writing, or nonprofit management is not required. This is a great opportunity to learn and gain new skills.
The selected candidate will:
- Develop long-term programs and partnerships that connect more youth to Voyageurs National Park in the park and in the classroom, and ensure their future success through securing funding.
- Build the capacity and sustainability of the National Park Teen Ambassador program.
- Write grants and research new funding sources.
- Assist with community outreach, events, and communications efforts.
- Develop a strategy and systems to support youth and volunteer outreach.
- Support efforts to engage new communities in support of Voyageurs National Park.
We are looking for a high energy, results-driven individual with a passion for protecting and promoting America’s national parks. The position will require strategic and creative thinking in order to maximize the resources and impact of a small but growing nonprofit.
This is a national service position that prohibits paid work outside of the sponsoring agency at any time. You will receive a modest living allowance and your choice of either an education award or a stipend upon completion of service.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Excellent written and oral communications and research skills.
- A high level of initiative and organization with the ability to manage both strategic and detailed work through to completion with accuracy, timeliness, and flexibility.
- Strong social skills that will help strengthen and build new partnerships.
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs. Adobe Creative Suite knowledge a plus.
- Experience in youth program development and/or grant writing is preferred, but not required.
- Must have driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
Applications reviewed on a rolling basis. Apply today for immediate consideration. Position needs to be filled by June 25.
How to Apply:
Submit a cover letter, resume, and a 3 to 5-page nonfiction writing sample to Christina Hausman by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mail it to:
Voyageurs National Park Association
126 N. 3rd Street, Suite 400
Minneapolis, MN 55401
Applicants must also complete a profile on MyAmeriCorps to be eligible for the position.
Benefits of Serving
AmeriCorps VISTA members are passionate and committed to their mission to bring individuals and communities out of poverty. Members make a year-long, full-time commitment to serve on a specific project at a nonprofit organization or public agency.
VISTA members generally do not provide direct services, such as tutoring children or building homes. Instead, they focus their efforts on building the organizational, administrative, and financial capacity of organizations that fight illiteracy, improve health services, foster economic development, and otherwise assist low-income communities. VISTAs develop programs to meet a need, write grants, and recruit and train volunteers.
Members receive a modest living allowance, and those who serve for a year also receive health coverage, childcare, if needed, and other benefits. After successful completion of a term of service, members can choose to receive a Segal AmeriCorps Education Award or post-service stipend. Learn more by visiting: What AmeriCorps VISTA Members Do
- Park staff would like to remind all visitors that tent camping reservations are now required for all tent campsites within Voyageurs National Park. The park is currently in the Low Use Season: September 16 through May 14, where there is a $10 charge for the use of www.recreation.gov but no fee for the site. Visitors…
- I wanted to take a moment and share my sincere gratitude with you. On Give to the Max Day, you gave a total of $7,357 online, winning us a $6,000 matching grant from a very generous donor. We also received $5,131 in checks! That makes a total of $18,488 raised by you during this special day of giving.…
- Board of Directors Doug Franchot, Chair Kurt Lysne, Vice-Chair Ken Kadash, Treasurer F. Dallas Fogg, Secretary Jeffrey D. Brown Kimberly Byrd Burgess Eberhardt Jack Fistler Forrest Flint Lindsey Hemly Eric R. Johnson Tom Lehman John Roth Bobbie Sandgren Harry Sweatt Peter Swenson Honorary Members Lee Barthel Michael Frome Martin N. Kellogg Park Liaison to the Board Tawnya…